Global Dawah Day (July 5) Toolbox
Click on each bullet below for the artwork of each item
- Promo of Global Dawah Day
- What is Street Dawah?
- An Example of Street Dawah (Inner Harbor, Baltimore)
- Online Dawah Training by Hamza Tzortzis
- T-shirt and Literature Order Page
- T-shirt Design specs (languages other than English available upon request)
- T-shirt Design files front back (feel free to put your org info on the tshirt)
- Table Banner design file
- Publicity Poster design file
- Facebook Banner file
- Social Media Profile Logo file
- About this Campaign (pointers for Jummah Khutbah and Publicity)
Brief your team on GDD Plan and assign roles
Global Dawah Day is an International Dawah Day that will happen on the 5th of July where international teams across 6 continents globally will come together to do Dawah in line with the 2014 World Cup.
You need to promote the event and get as many people as possible to attend your event. Your aim should be to get 50 people inshallah. Here are some simple steps you can take to promote the event.
Create a facebook event page
Produce youtube clips promoting the event
- Make an announcement after Jummah or salah in the local mosques
- Use your street dawah pictures to promote the event on facebook
- Use this video from Inner Harbor Baltimore Street Dawah for inspiration
- Ask family and friends for funds
- Do collections in your local mosques
- Set up a gofundmepage for online donation
- If you cannot raise enough funds, then do NOT worry, reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will do our best to come with the difference, Inshaa Allah.
You need to ensure that event runs smoothly here are some simple steps you can take.
Plan the event and run through the plan with your team, here is a brief plan you can share with them.
- Set up venue
- Introduce the day
- Dawah Training 1.5 hours
- Assign people into teams of 7 and assign an Ameer and a location of dawah
- Dispatch teams for 5 hours of street dawah – best times are 11 am to 4 pm
- Ensure scenes of dawah training, dispatching teams and street dawah is recorded
An Indoor Venue Capable of holding at least 100 people ideally if not can be done outdoors for dawah workshop and planning meetings.
Select Dawah Locations
These need to be highly populated places that are busy with people.
Select Dawah Trainer
Must be confident and a good speaker who is highly motivating. Here is the online course by Hamza Tzortzis.
Promote the Event
Poster, Facebook, Youtube, Promotional Video
Have Tshirts and Dawah Material Ready
Find Suppliers who are able to print the t-shirts and Dawah Materials. You may order this from WhyIslam as well.
Do the Training on the Day
Mini GORAP and Motivational Speech
Send the Teams to Various Locations
Have the locations pre selected and send out the teams with an Ameer heading up each team.
Film Both the Training and the Teams giving Dawah
Assign a person who will take video footage of the whole Global Dawah Day including training and street conversations.
Send Footage to WhyIslam
This is vital as the footage needs to be released before the End of the World Cup. Inshaa Allah, we will edit your video and post it on WhyIslam social media and youtube channels.